Friday, May 04, 2007

I have spent a good part of this afternoon updating this blog - and then somehow deleted it. I'll start all over again.

I spent most of the week at the lake. Maddog and Goldman took me down last Saturday. They had to come back to St. Louis Sunday and then my wonderful neighbors, Dave and Judy, checked in on me frequently. Leslie and Sam {that King boy] arrived Monday morning. Sam had his minnow bucket full and headed for the dock.

Leslie and I spent most of our week visiting {while Sam fished}. Leslie's son, Jeffrey, is on his second tour of duty in Iraq and his second tour recently got extended another three months. Needless to say, Leslie worries constantly about his safety. Keep him in your prayers.

Leslie retired week before last after 30 years at the medical prison in Springfield. Sam has a few years to go yet. He and I were both delivered by Dr. Macdonald from Marshfield. I was delivered by old Dr. Macdonald while Sam was delivered by Tommy, the son. There was, as you can see, a whole generation of difference in time.

Chris came to the Lake on Thursday to get me, and we came home Friday morning. We stopped by his and Shelly's house so he could show me all the work they've been doing on it all winter. I was very impressed.

Scott is coming here tomorrow for a Kentucky Derby party. [Yes, he is coming FROM Louisville to St. Louis for the Derby.] He has been to the betting windows several times this week. Last year I bet on the female jockeys and none won so I didn't bet this year. I asked if he was going to see the Queen and he replied, "I thought YOU were the queen, Mom."

Joe and Pete and some of their buddies joined Donald last week for their annual Florida deep sea fishing trip. Joe said they caught 188 pounds of various fish. He said they hired an 'entreprenur' to clean, dress, and freeze the fish. Was there any tilopia? Sam caught three messes at the lake. I don't think it added up to 188 pounds, but you know how fishermen exaggerate. It could have been.

Margaret is still going to the physical therapist for her back, but says the cure may be worse than the disease. She does say she is some better.

Sandi with 2 LL's will be here for a few days later in May and I'm hoping we can get things finalized for the summer get together. We are all three looking forward to her visit. She seems like a great organizer. We need her.

No comments: