Sunday, September 23, 2007

I got home from the hospital yesterday, and I was more than ready to leave that place. The neurologist (Dr. Hogan) did get the results that he thought and hoped that he would. The problem seems to be centered on the right side of my brain. All the tests point to this area. He will present my case to a team of neurologists and they will decide where they will go from there. He kept me in the hospital until I had the third episode, and I guess it was a humdinger. He and Rose syayed with me through the whole thing. I don't even remember it, but they said it lasted about 20 minutes. Then Hogan gave me ativan which knocked me out for over 12 hours. He thinks a neurological surgeon will drill a hole in my head and remove the offending part, probably scar tissue from the encephalitis I had in November, 2004. He will let me know in the next couple weeks what and when the decision is. There is a possibility that I will have to have additional testing, this time with sensors placed directly on my brain.

Joe called yesterday to check on my status. Pete called for his usual Saturday checkup. He and Janet are having the Walmart greeter remodel one of their bathrooms. Pete says he's good but slow.

My son, Chris, was forced to go to the Ritenour Homecoming Parade yesterday morning after playing poker with his buddies until three in the morning. He was not in a good mood. I called Scott while he was still in bed and he never did call back.

Margaret and Norman went to the Valley for the weekend. The weather here was perfect for that.

Sandi FeLLin called and was on her way to meet the family some place between Portland and Spokane. Maudie, Anna, and Dan were bringing the 5th Wheel. Sandi was going back to Spokane to spend the rest of the week with Maudie.

I'm going to try to get back to walking and riding the exercise bicycle today. After laying in bed, tethered with 28 wires attached to my head, I'm kinda run down.

Mary Myers, who has been through more hospitalizations than I can count, has been one of my staunch supporters through all this. She is a faithful reader of the blog. By the way, some of our blog contributors are behind on updates!!!!

Lisa, when they drill the hole in my head, I'm going to take the rosary you brought me from Spain with me. I'll need all the help I can get. I'm a bit nervous about it.

No comments: