Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's time for some updates for our other contributors. We haven't had any blog updates from our editors for quite some time.

Things are good here in Missouri. The weather has finally cooled down some. Pete and Janet spent a few days in Arizona (Quartsite) last week and Pete said it was hotter than 'Dutch love' there. What is that and, Janet, how would he know?

Donald and Vita were in town last week. It was a sad time for Vita. She and her siblings were getting her parents' house ready to put on the market. Friday was Donald's 62nd birthday. He, Rose and I are 62, 63, and 64 for a short while.

Rose left for Chicago on Saturday and Goldman took her in the Cadillac. Shirley returned from Chicago on Monday and Shirley got to ride in the Cadillac. They both felt very lucky.

John, Jana, Ellie and I left early Friday afternoon for another wonderful weekend at the lake. Chris, Shelly and Danny Cullinane arrived sometime long after midnight that night. Goldman stayed at Chris's house with the three dogs. John and Jana took baby Ellie for two rides on the waverunner. Chris took them all for a long boatride and the boat heated up AGAIN. I called George, the boat repairman. I don't even have to identify myself. He recognizes my voice. He promised he would be over this week AGAIN to try to fix it AGAIN. I haven't paid him yet because he told me not to pay him til it is fixed so I'm not going to. He's a 'good old boy'.

Sunday was Grandparents Day. Scott said they saw the notice on a church as they were driving by so the boys called and both wished me a Happy Granny Day. Brayden insisted I'm not Grandmother. I'm Granny.

Shelly and Jana whipped up some great meals while we were there. Chris cooked steaks on the new grill but left before it was put back just like Doug left it. John saved him from Doug's wrath. Doug was going to leave a note on it the week before that he'd best find it just the way he left it.

Sunday was a football day so Chris, Shelly and Danny left really early because Chris went to the Rams game with Dave Smith and the boys. John drove Jana, and Ellie and me back. Us girls slept. It was a short trip for the females.

Shirley and Rose were both in Chicago when I got home Sunday. Chris and Shelly brought dinner that evening and Chris came with lunch yesterday.

Chris picked me up early this morning for my appointment with the plastic surgeon. She removed the skin cancer from my face and only had to do a second biopsy. she put 40 stitches in my face but thinks the scar will not be very visible. It may just be concealed in a wrinkled!!! (That's my own guess.)

While I was there, the neurologist's office called and moved the electrode and camera observation stay in the hospital up to next week. It was because they have an opening and not because they are concerned about it.

Norm's niece, Joyce, and her husband Charles, from North Carolina, are arriving sometime this evening. Marge and Norm went to the commisary at Scott AFB today to stock up on staples. I think the 5 of us are going down to the lakehouse for a few days leaving tomorrow. I know Norm likes to fish and I hope Charles does too. Danny caught a mess of crappie last weekend.

No comments: