Saturday, September 15, 2007

Margaret, Norman, Joyce (the niece from North Carolina), her husband Charles, and I all went down to the lakehouse on Wednesday. The fellows did a lot of fishing. Charles is especially an avid fisherman. He was up first and fished longest though neither he nor Norm caught very many. They had a lot of reasons for why they didn't catch many but, having lived with Denny for so long, I have heard them all.

We enjoyed some of Margaret's wonderful home cooking while we were there. She and Joyce did not like my 'new-fangled' appliances. The stove top, oven, coffee pot, dishwasher and the television had buttons other than OFF and ON. This frustrated and irritated both of them.

We came home Friday to watch the Cubs beat the Cardinals. Mark Lary gave Rose and Shirley two tickets to the game tonight. Mark, I don't know if you're aware of the fact they're rooting for the Cubs. They're both wearing blue tonight.

Pete called this morning to update us on his week. One of the banks that Merri handles was robbed this week. She wasn't there and no one was hurt but the culprit has not been caught. Pete had been to Blackfoot yesterday to sell his calves. He says he's now out of the cattle raising business. He wouldn't lend any money cause he said he didn't have any so I guess cattle raising isn't a very lucrative occupation.

The left side of my face is black and blue and still swollen a bit but removal of this skin cancer, even with the 40 stitches, has not been very painful. It just looks ugly. They'll feel sorry for me at the hospital.

I go into the hospital on Monday for 3 to 5 days. They will take away all medication, hook my head up to electrodes, and put a camera on me. Then I'll just lie there and wait to have a seizure. When I do have one, they think perhaps they can pinpoint exactly where in my brain the problem stems from and remedy it. Medication doesn't seem to do the job and I can't drive as long as I'm having them. I'll have to wait quite some time after they think the seizures are cured to drive again.

We still need updates from our other contributors. I'm sure I'm the slowest typist in the bunch.

No comments: