Thursday, June 10, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


One more medical test to report, my bone density test. Turns out my bones are in such good shape that the technician asked what kind of exercise program I was on. In all my 60 years, no one has ever asked me THAT question or accused me of such a thing.

Actually, I AM on an exercise program designed by my physical therapist, and it is paying off. When I first started last February, I could leg press 20 pounds. Now I'm up to 85 pounds, and my balance is much improved. What continues to be worrisome is that my hands are not getting better. And, of course, no doctor has been able to diagnosis this strange illness. Hence, the trip next week to the Mayo Clinic.

Going out to St. Luke's yesterday for my MRI turned out to be much easier than I anticipated. For one thing, a security guard clued us into a short cut and a great place to park. For another the 30 minutes in the MRI chamber, while unpleasant, was easier than the last two times. The tranquilizer I took helped a lot. Dr. Dooley hasn't called about the MRI results, but he didn't anticipate it would show anything. My double vision has lessened, which he also predicted.





No comments: