Wednesday, June 02, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

Another very busy week! Tiffany and Haleigh came for dinner last Wednesday. Shirley, Rose, and I had shopped earlier in the day at St. Louis Mills, and we found a perfect outfit for Haleigh. She put it on when she arrived, and it was indeed perfect. She and Shirley had a great time in the 'sandtray' room while Tiffany cut Rose's and my hair. Thank you, Tiffany! We feel like 'new women' with our hair cut fresh.

On Thursday, son Chris came and took me to my appointment with Dr. Duckworth, whome he called 'turkey neck' which is not even close.

We had terrific storms on Thursday evening. Den arrived for the weekend late in the day. We met Jana, her fiance' John, her mother Cindy, her stepfather Danny, and her sister Trish for dinner at the Pasta House. The wind blew, the chips flew, . . . and so on and so forth. Since Jana and John could not get into their apartments on Thursday, they and the rest of the family spent the night at our Oakland House. They got settled in over the weekend.

Cindy is going through a real ordeal these days. She has been having chemotherapy for cancer, and recent tests have indicated the tumors have shrunk, which is very good news. She is very proud of these two beautiful daughters!

Friday morning Den went on the lake. Later in the day, Scott and sons Jalen and Brayden arrived from Louisville, picked me up here, and we drove to the lake. We had a grand Memorial Day Weekend, always the opening day for the season. Doug, Suzanne, and Lukas arrived Friday evening. Goldman and Maddog came also. We ate well, enjoyed the water, fished, and generally hung out.

Now Jalen wants to pass along his message. Here it is: I hope all of you have heard that Sam is sick, and I am very worried about him. Sam is Catrina's son and is my second cousin. He has asthma and had to go to the hospital last night.

Day after tomorrow we are going to the lake house, and Sabrina's sons, Brett and Alex, are going to be there. We are going to have a great time at the lakehouse together. We are going to swim together, play together, and slippy slide together.

Last week at the lakehouse Miranda was there. She is a neighbor, she lives down the street, very far away. She won't be there this weekend, but my best friends are.

Today we went to the Art Mart and got Sam a get-well poster with dragons and lizards, and stars. Sam is staying the night at the hospital with lots of doctors and nurses. Tomorrow he is going home. I am very worried about him. A long, long time ago when I was here, we had Granny a special picture party. Sam was there. Lizzy was there. Jacob was there. A whole lot of friends were there. Alex and Brett were there. Miranda was there. We had a super duper great night. When the party was over, we stayed at Chris' and Shelly's. We had a great time, and then I had to go back to Louisville, Kentucky.

My brother is playing with the keys right now. Granny is messing with the remote, and Aunt Rose is working with me.

Tonight Granny, Brayden, Aunt Rose, and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. We had a great time, and ate some good food. Then we went to have dessert at Maggie Moo's. I had chocolate ice cream with sparkles. The others had their favorite ice cream. I stood outside and held the door for people. Then we went home where we are making this welblog right now. It is just a little bit until my bedtime. I will go to bed when everybody does because of all the scary stuff in my imagination. Here is a trick that might help you if you have a bad dream. I read this in a book. If you have a bad dream, that means your mind runs free.

It is my summer break. YIPPEE!!! I am glad to be out of school, like every other student in my classroom. Here are some of the names of my friends: Jeremy, Jerred, Cedric, Hunter, Lauren, Annabel, Victoria (just like my momma's name, Vicky). Momma just called right now. Daddy called earlier. I hurt my leg riding on my scooter, but I am better now.

Brayden is pretending to drink water. He almost put my gameboy in the cup. Whoops! That was close. Granny is scolding Brayden and she looks like she is mad at him. Brayden just loved her so the scolding is over. What a sweet baby!

We picked Granny up at her massage place, and now we are home.

Good night, Folks!

The End of Jalen's message for Granny's weblog.

=============

Both Shelly and Chris came to visit yesterday afternoon, separately as it turns out. Shelly is finishing her school year and is taking the summer off. Chris was between classes. Both Jalen and Brayden are making friends with them but slowly as Brayden has a real fear of people.

Shirley left for Chicago today. I am looking forward to the weekend. David and Brett and Alex went to the lake today. Sabrina, Jalen, Brayden, and I will go down on Friday. Jalen is very excited at spending time with these cousins. I, of course, will much love being with the Smith's.

No comments: