Saturday, June 26, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

We are still awaiting the Mayo Clinic report, impatiently awaiting. After consultation with Dr. Dooley, I skipped my routine Solumedrol infusion the week before going Mayo. Dr. Dooley thought it might obscure some test results. I am doing about the same without the infusion so am skipping again this week. Dr. Dooley is out of the office until Monday. I will call when he returns to decide with him on my future course of treatment, based on the Mayo Clinic results.

Den is coming in from Chicago today, and we will spend a few days at the Lake. Margaret and Norm may join us for some fishing.

Many people gave me their favorite book for my birthday. I am slowly reading them, although I haven't been able to send 'Thank You's' for all the generosity and thoughtfulness. Niece Nancy sent me one that I deeply appreciate for its spiritual comfort. The rosary bracelets she put me onto have now turned into my favorite gift to give. The artist and I are on first-name basis.

I had an e-mail from Brother Pete who reported on a great weekend with their two of their grandchildren, Kelly's sons. Kelly, Pete, and another grandson Chris are going Chinook Salmon fishing this weekend. Pete said he wondered if Joe didn't have better things to do than go see Cheney when the vice president was in Springfield not long ago.

In other family news, Den's Aunt Doris has a knee replacement last week and in a painful recovery period.

Scott called yesterday to tell us we can keep Brayden for eight days in early July. Shirley is making a pilgrimage to Louisiana at the same time and will miss some days with the baby. During the days we have Brayden, Jalen is taking a trip with his maternal grandmother and great grandmother. Brayden is at the get-in-trouble age. Scott said that he had gone in the bathroom (one of his favorite places), climbed on the toilet and then on the toilet tank to get into the sink. When Scott discovered him, he was sitting in the sink with the water running. Scott thought he was just giving himself a bath. No injuries, thank goodness. Now Scott has turned the water heater so low, he has to take lukewarm showers. I hate to tell Scott, but this is just the beginning of the in-trouble, quick-as-a-wink years. Wait until he is a teen!

Catrina's son Sam is spending two weeks with his paternal grandparents in North Carolina. Robbie's two sons are coming for summer vacation, and Lizzie will go visit the North Carolina grandparents in August. Sam has completely recovered from his bad bout with asthma and pneumonia. And Catrina is totally recovered from her disk problem that caused her some troubling symptoms in the Spring. She had to undergo intensive physical therapy for a time, but her disk problem is fixed.

No comments: