Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hi folks! Sorry to be so tardy in getting an update out. Between technical difficulty and being behind the eight-ball with work and Christmas just around the corner, I'm just now taking a few minutes to say hello. Thanks again for all of your support for us while Dad had his latest bout in the hospital. It's so nice to know the rest of the family is there for him. We feel your support!

Mom and Dad at home in Spokane!


As you know Dad got out of the hospital on Saturday and he and Mom headed off to their Christmas party! Well done, Mom and Dad! Each day I talk with him he sounds better and better. He says the progress is too slow, but I'm encouraged. Today my son Tyson is heading over to Spokane for a few days to help his grandparents get the 5th wheel ready and secure their home for a two or three month road trip. Mom and Dad plan on spending Christmas in Portland and then meeting up with their camping club in Eastern Oregon and heading south to Arizona. They will visit Uncle Pete and Aunt Janet on the way there and stay some of the time with Kaye and her family in Mesa. Once they get past the snow in the north they should have a toasty visit in the desert. I hope they remember to bring back grapefruit!

Cyndi and Dave are dropping Tyson off at the Sea-Tac airport on their way to the Seattle area for Red Robin's annual Christmas event. Dave is the General Manager of the Red Robin in Olympia and this is a gala affair. I texted Cyndi just now and reminded her to take pictures of them all dressed up for the party. If she does, I'll post those here for others to see.

Tyson and I in Olympia on the Puget Sound.


Anna left today from Spokane to go to Florida for another week of school. Mom took her to the airport this morning. Anna will then go to Virginia to visit with her finace' Dan and head home to Spokane on the 21st. She has been sick with a cold/flu bug, so I hope the traveling won't aggrivate her health. 'Tis the season...If she and Dan are up to it, they will join us in Portland for Christmas.

I'm off to work for another graveyard shift. I get off Thrusday morning and then on Friday night Cyndi and her good friend Lori will arrive for our annual Girlfriend's Christmas shopping weekend. It's the last push to get it all done! I've taken invetory, wrapped what I have, and made my list for the rest of the loot. It is divide and conquer time! As usual, we will incorporate a nice dinner out or a girl movie while we wrap our gifts. Good times!
Hope this finds you all well and looking forward to the Season upon us.
Love,
Sandi




No comments: