Saturday, December 02, 2006

We've dug out a lot today but we still need a nice thaw. Shirley got Rose and me some vest coats
after we told her how much we admired the ones the FeLLins wore in Spokane. They came in handy these past few cold days.

Pete checked in this morning. Monday is Janet's birthday and they are going to Palm Springs, Ca. to celebrate it. They're traveling in a Ford Focus that he recently purchased. I think they had to buy it in Arizona because he wasn't welcome back at any dealer in Idaho Falls that he'd been to before. He went with me in 1964 to buy a car and I bet the dealership still remembers him. Janet, you have my sympathy.

Rose is in to carpenter work these days. She is building a work table in her client room in the basement. Actually, she is pretty handy with tools. We were remembering Brick's handy man ventures. When we lived on Rainor Court after we first got married, the soap dish in the bathtub fell out. He got his new drill out and repaired it. When we were in the process of moving out several years later and went to move the dresser in our bedroom, it wouldn't budge. He had drilled through the wall and attached the soap dish to the dresser. You can see what kind of handyman he was. I can't say it speaks well for my housecleaning either.

We are babysitting Bob's great grandchild today. Jana and John are Christmas shopping and then have his company Christmas party tonight. Ellie is 8 months old and at a very cute age. [Scott, my first baby, is 40 years and 4 days old.]

I noticed that I posted three times last time. I'm not sure if I was stuttering or repeating myself. My computer guru, Maddog, wasn't here to help with technicalities.

No comments: