Monday, December 25, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone. We're having a great day here in Missouri. Santa was good to us. Rose, Shirley, and I had a quiet dinner at home last night before Santa came. Shirley's friends from Indiana arrived sometime after Rose and I had gone to bed. They have two children who we thought would wake us at the crack of dawn but Rose and I were the first ones up. The two children, Jamil and Layla, made the occasion much more special and meaningful.

Remember, mark your calendars. We're planning a big get together at Lake of the Ozarks sometime around the Fourth of July next summer.

The FeLLins are congregating for Christmas in Portland. Sandi, I envy you. Hostessing such an occasion is one of my favorite things in life.

The Abbotts had their clan yesterday afternoon and evening. Pete and Janet are back in Idaho Falls to be with their girls and families but Kelly and his boys couldn't make it from Boise. I had a great conversation with Kelly yesterday. It sounds like he and Scott are raising their boys in much the same way - just the way I taught them. Kelly, the only way I could get you to be quiet while your mom taught piano lessons was to frighten you with the vacuum sweeper in the closet. Scott, it seemed like you were never going to get potty trained. As soon as I would let you go outside you would fill your pants. Your dad said you'd be fine if you were a dog.

Jana, Ellie, and John left Friday morning for Kansas. Joe's lucky. All his are nearby. Pete said Donald and Vita were spending the holiday in Plattsburg with their offspring. We're getting together on Friday at Chris and Shelly's. Shirley's brother-in-law is very ill in Louisiana so she's going down there on Thursday and won't be joining us.

Maddog's dad had his leg amputated above the knee last week. He's in the hospital in Jefferson City but Maddog is up here for Christmas. Goldman and I plan to take him back tomorrow. Then on Wednesday Goldman and I will meet Scott half way to Louisville and bring Jalen and Brayden back to stay with us for a few days.

No comments: