Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's Tuesday morning and the snow is finally almost gone. It is warming up which I hope is a sign that Spring is just around the corner. Remember that old saying - If winter's here, spring can't be far behind.

I heard from Pete, Joe, and Bernie, among others this weekend, all calling to check on me and to cheer me up. Bernie and Maudie were in Casa Verde, Az., and looking forward to going back to Spokane. Bernie sounded a bit homesick. Kay-Kay, as we called her when she was a little girl, is going to make the trip with them and then fly back to Mesa. Joe has an appointment with his cardiologist tomorrow to check a small hernia in his incision. He didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about and Norm showed me he has one, too, and it is nothing to worry about, but Joe, keep us updated.

Pete and Janet are going to head for Idaho on the 13th. They're spending one night at Circus-Circus in Las Vegas enroute but Pete says they aren't going to gamble. As Aunt Mit used to say "I've heard bugs poop underwater before". Pete and I agreed that gamblers are like fishermen. It's not that all fishermen are liars. It's just that a lot of liars fish.

Goldman took me to the Abbotts on Saturday. Margaret and I aggravated Norm Saturday night reminiscing about old times. He gets tired of our laughing and arguing about what really happened 50 or 60 years ago. Chris picked me up Sunday and took me home and Shirley and I watched a couple episodes of Desperate Housewives Sunday night.

Jana {Bobby's grandaughter} and John called Sunday night to see if we could watch baby Ellie yesterday. Their daycare had President's Day off and they didn't. They brought her over Sunday night and she slept through the night on a pallet in Shirley's room. She is almost walking and a joy to have. Shirley and I spent the day being entertained by her. She seemed to like Shirley best and then me, but when Dad and Mom got here to pick her up, she would have nothing to do with either of us. Rose is coming back from Chicago today and hated missing our day with Ellie.

My neuromuscular condition hasn't made any notable change for the better or worse since the IVIG's I had last week. I have had a few mini-seizures but I'm still hope the adjusting of the medications will remedy that. The neurologist told me that I've developed anemia but I have to see a different doctor about that. I only weighed 109.5 yesterday morning. Rose and Shirley can't lose weight and, much to their chargrin, I can't seem to gain. They would like to develop just a touch of anorexia.

Again, I hope I don't sound too down in the dumps. Keep praying.

No comments: