Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's Thursday morning and we haven't heard from Margaret yet today to see how her therapy is working. As slowly as I type she may be through with breakfast before I can get an update on her condition.

Pete spends a lot of time advising the young men about questionable pointers about women. One of his first instructions to the men is "Check their teeth". Goldman had a first date with a woman on Monday and he followed Pete's advice - she has good teeth. His problem is that you've never told him what to do next. Pete, he's anxiously awaiting your advice for step 2.

Tuesday night - after my Monday night stay in the hospital - I started having small seizures. I had about 9 of them before daylight. Rose sat with me through the duration. She called the neurologist on duty who prescribed a dose of some medicine I already had on hand. One pill seemed to get them stopped and I haven't had any since. The seizure neurologist thinks an EEG monitor which would require another in the hospital is in order. {I may have the terminalogy wrong, but it's something to pinpoint a possible area of the brain that may be out of whack.} Probably some of you have suspected that of me for years.

I'm currently having physical and occupational therapies two to three times a week. Chris has been a trooper about some of the trips back and forth. Rose takes me too, and they both exercise in Forest Park while I'm having my sessions. The therapy seems to have helped, physically and mentally.

I just talked to Margaret. Her physical therapy isn't until 11. She says she doesn't have a lot of pain until the pain pills begin to wear off. Let's all keep her in our prayers.

No comments: