Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Chris and I went to the funeral home Monday where Mrs. Nicastro was laid out. One of my favorite stories about Vita's parents was her father, Santo, telling about working in the yard and getting hot. He would want to take his shirt off but, if he did, Mrs. Nicastro would come get it and wash it so he had to keep it on.

Vita and her sister, Ginny, look so much alike I could hardly tell them apart. Ginny is a nurse at St. Luke's Hosp. and, had I seen her in my many stays out there, I'd have thought she was Vita. She didn't know my last name and I didn't know hers and, since she works in the operating room, our paths didn't cross. Donald and Vita were eager to show off their grandchildren, rightfully so. Julie and Jennifer still called Chris 'Ding' and the three of them are still lamenting about their having to go to PSR {Parish School of Religion} some 25 years ago.

I'm off to the lake tomorrow with Liz, my friend I've known for 30 years. Leslie will be there when we get there and have one of her scrumptious dinners ready. This is 'girls' weekend so us old girls are getting there first and enjoying the peace and quiet. We go to bed early and get up early and leave the partying up to the younger ones. We'll feel better in the mornings than they will.

We haven't had any more word from Jana. We'll post it on the blog when we get any news.

No comments: