Thursday, August 09, 2007

Just a short entry to relate the events of the last couple days - some of which are vague to me. At bedtime on Tuesday I accidentally took 9 high powered antiseizure tablets instead of my regular bedtime medication. Both kinds look alike and I swallowed the wrong ones before I realized what I had done. One half of one of these pills puts me to sleep for at least 8 hours. Rose, Shirley, and I debated few minutes and decided we should call poison control. A nurse at Poison Control told us to go immediately to the emergebcy room. We went to St. Mary's which is the nearest one. I still had my wits about me up until this point, but soon lost them.

They made me take some nasty stuff, put me on IV's, hooked me up on a various monitors, and strapped me to the bed. I really don't remember much about Tuesday night or Wednesday day. Rose, of course, was in and out all day. She had stayed Tuesday night till they got me settled in - which took a good while. Chris was there during the day and I vaguely knew it. My roommate said I kept wanting to watch "Jeopardy" and the ballgame. She tried to find them, but couldn't convince me they weren't on. [Now I think I must have been IN jeopardy.]

Chris ran into Karen Wednesday morning, and they had lunch together. I guess Karen and Mark's wedding plans are going smoothly for a December occasion. Drew, we expected you at the lake a couple weeks ago. The invitation still stands. Come anytime.

The hospital employees kept me awake most of last night, so I had to come home to rest. I don't know if it's a family trait, but I have 'tiny veins'. My arms are bruised from my elbows on down. They had a terrible time getting the IV's in.

But, dear readers, I'm back home and as back to normal as I do get.

No comments: