Monday, August 27, 2007

Tammy Fellin (Bernie and Maudie's daughter) sent me this e-mail. It is too good not to share:

"Aunt Sue –

It’s great to hear from you. I hope things are going well. I’ve been meaning to check in with you all to see how things are. I’ve been busy with school and work, so haven’t really done much else. Dick and I are going down to Monterey for a couple of days over Labor Day weekend, then will be visiting his uncles in Santa Rosa before coming home. I’m looking forward to having a few days off, and most especially a few days with him. He was in Olympia last weekend, and helped me finish building a fence around my new dog run. Though I had it about 80% finished before he showed up (having built the gate and trellis, moved other fences and hauled out 5 truckloads of dirt), he described it as a “major undertaking” to nail a few boards in place. It is exactly the sort of project I would have called home to talk with Dad about, so that made it hard, but Mom asked me if he finally got his hands dirty! The answer was yes, and the dogs now can enjoy a new run!

Mom is in Hawaii right now! I talked with them yesterday. You know they’re piled in a one-bedroom condo – all 6 of them! They had two roll a way beds brought up and someone is sleeping on the lanai. But, they were having a great time! Mom said it was hot, but she was in air conditioning so it really wasn’t too bad. They hadn’t been in the water yet (having arrived on Friday and this was yesterday when I spoke with them), but they were thinking of heading down to the lagoon after dinner last night.

Love, Tammy"

Sounds like Bernie and Maudie taught this daughter a thing or two, too! The sense of humor surely comes from both parents.

No comments: