Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR LOYAL READERS!!!!!! Some days it's hard for me to remember how much I do have to be thankful but today I'm truly thankful.

We're hosting Scott, Jalen, Brayden, Sherry, Chris, Shelly, Mark, Karen, Andrew, Shirley's nephew Michael and his wife Leslie, Shirley, Rose, and me. Rose and Shirley have been bustling around here all morning getting prepared for the arrival of these special guests, of course, with my counsel. The table is set and good smells are emanating from the kitchen.

Mike Madden and his wfe, Sarah, over on the other side of Missouri, are hosting Sarah's family for the occasion. Mike is serving wine that is, I think, made from grapes in his vineyard to compliment Sarah's cooking. Mark is bringing wine from his wine cellar to compliment the cooking here but it won't be 'home-made' as they say down.

Sandi FeLLin didn't update yet but emailed they're all going to be at Maudie's except Kay-Kay and family who (I think) are in Arizona and Sandi's son who is in Florida. There's going to be at least 30 in Spokane. How many turkeys and hams does that many consume? I hope you make the men do all the dishes.

Sabrina is hosting the Abbott clan. She came by here yesterday for a short visit and didn't seem to be in a panic yet. She's done this now for a couple years so perhaps it's getting to be old hat to her now. Margaret says she's just going to go out there and eat. She'll have to get there when dinner is ready to be served to keep herself from helping, I'm sure.

Joe, Mary, and Lisa's family are going out to eat. Pete and Janet were going to Mesquite to one of their 'establishments' and I hope they remember to eat. John and John and Ellie are in Kansas with John's family. Doug, Suzanne and family are having dinner at Doug's parents. Goldman is going to his sister's and also stopping by here to see Scott and the boys. Leslie and Sam are going to one of the King brothers.

I gripe about tatoos all the time and I have a temporary one I'm going to put on before Brayden and Jalen's arrival. Perhaps if Granny has one, they won't ever want one. They're due soon. Happy Turkey Day.

No comments: