Sunday, November 18, 2007

Not a lot of happenings since my last post. Pete called Saturday morning. He and Janet are settled back in Arizona and he had to brag about the weather. We had a nice day here but we didn't need the air conditioner like he and Janet did. They stopped in Bendover, NV., on their way to Arizona. We're not sure how he did. We had to remind him that all gamblers don't lie.. Just a lot of liars gamble.

I had lunch with a group of GMAC retirees on Friday. Most of them knew Brick and wanted to know all about the boys and grandchildren. I don't think I've posted a recent update on Mark's two, Katie and Drew. Drew is a student at Truman College. Kate is a graduate student at KU and recently got an internship with a design process architechitural firm. Mark says she will be working with someone on one of their projects as well as learning to make coffee. Kate, let some man make the coffee. Mark and his fiance, Karen, are on a 115 mile bike ride in Arizona. They'll be here and have Thanksgiving dinner with us and then leave on Dec. 4th for sailing lessons in Cancun. They'll be gone two weeks, come home, and get married on Dec. 22, and leave on Dec. 26 for Puerto Vallarta on their honeymoon.

Kate and Drew are going skiing over Thanksgiving and aren't going to join us for dinner. We had to call Scott yesterday to see who won the MU - KU game. He said it was really no contest, of course Mizzou won. Scott has a Mizzou tiger tatooed on his back (a small tatoo), much to my objection, and was elated over the outcome.

Donald is coming through town Tuesday and he, Rose, Margaret, and I are going to have lunch. Scott, we're having pizza. It's not Domino's. It's Pio's. Pio's in St. Charles was making pizza before whoever started Domino's was born.

I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow. I hope to find out what the next step in my treatment will be. They may hospitalize me, drill holes in my head, insert electrodes, and wait until I have seizures. If they can be absolutely sure the seizures originate from the right side of my brain, then they will do brain surgery and remove the scar tissue causing the seizures. The neuroligist who is working with the neurosurgeon was born in West Plains, MO. and grew up in Springfield. That's only one of the reasons we have such confidence in him. I'll update after my appointment tomorrow.

No comments: