Thursday, March 12, 2015

66 degrees outside

I haven't been out today but take the computer's word for the temperature.  It also says we may get to 75 one day next week so maybe spring is finally coming,  It's been a long winter, as you all know.

I had a check up with my gastroenterologist on Tuesday.  Rose and Marnett both went with me because of the parking situation.  It was quite a shock to learn I had a new ailment--something about an irregular heart rhythm.  The physician sent me straight away to the nearby Barnes-Jewish Hospital emergency room where the attendants took me in immediately and began treatment.  The waiting room was bedlam so bypassing all that was a relief, though the rush was worrisome.  Later in the evening I transferred by ambulance to Missouri Baptist Hospital, part of the Barnes Jewish system, but in west county.  After some tests, some treatment, an overnight stay, I was released in the early evening yesterday.  Chris called for me, and we had supper at one of our favorite places--Steak 'n Shake.  In this household, you never know what will happen next.

Scott called me after we posted the pictures of Charlie (Chris and Shelly's new dog) and me.  He was astonished, he said, because he thought he had seen a picture of me and a dog on the Gazette.   He wanted to verify that it really was me.  It was, but when Charlie gets full  grown, you won't see another photo.

Chris just stopped by on his way home from work.  He frequently pops in to check on us, run an errand, or take me to dinner.  

I thought the Cardinals were playing today but Scott said it was a preseason game and didn't count anyway.

No comments: