Saturday, July 03, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

Hi, it's Rose, updating for Sue who is at the Lake. She got this newsy e-mail from Catrina and asked me to post it:

"We haven't decided on the lake weekend yet, but thanks for thinking of us. We're having a hard time thinking from one day to the next with all these youngins. I've decided my mother is a saint, caring for and feeding 4 kids and keeping her sanity - let alone her wonderful disposition. And imagine, they didn't go to the poorhouse or the crazyhouse. I'm in awe.

Sam had a wonderful time, even though he was in the ER once and the doctors office once while there. He had an ear infection that was pretty severe then ended up with one of his awful migraines. Luckily, they took him to the doctor on that one and he got a shot in his butt to keep him from throwing up any more. He was going into shock from constantly throwing up. When I talked to him on the phone, he said he's getting pretty sick of getting shots in his butt (thats what they did when he had the anaphylactic shock reaction before). I told him at least it worked when they did that, it would really suck if they shot him in the butt and it didn't help. On a funny note - Lizzie's aspirations for when she grows up right now are either a waitress or a retail clothes clerk. She is always trying to be my little waitress and is always jumping up to get me a drink or a napkin or anything. So the other day I said "I need my little waitress - I need a refill on my drink!" - she just looked up and said "It's my day off - get it yourself!" I was so shocked and went to the refrigerator myself and couldn't think of a thing to reply.

Hope you are all doing well there. I know you are still anxiously awaiting the Mayo Clinic report. Keep us informed. And let me know if you have any issues with the bill. That's what I'm here for. Have a great and safe Fourth weekend! Hello to all from the King family.

Catrina"

Margaret reports that Sam is turning into quite a ballplayer. She and Norman had gone to one of Sam's game this week where he starred, Big Time.

No comments: