Thursday, March 29, 2007

I talk to the guys at the lake quite often to hear of their progress. Sounds like they're having a great time and doing a great job. Doug is, of course, the foreman. When Scott arrived on Monday he became the 'cabin bitch' assistant. He and Goldman are the chief cooks and bottlewashers. They have been griping because they have to start first with breakfast before the other guys get up. Then in the evening the outside workers quit at dark while the inside personnels' work continues until much later. I told them that this has been happening to women since the beginning of time.

I had a correction comment about Margaret's birthday. It's the 28th so I guess Bob's was the 27th. Rose and I will probably have to relearn next March.

I'm having a bone density scan next Tuesday. No problems but the new primary physician thinks it's time to be checked again.

We have Brayden this week and us three old ladies collapse from exhaustion every night. Rose and Shirley played wiffle ball with him yesterday afternoon. When he got a really good hit he would have to chase it down himself. When they got a hit they had to take shortcuts to get around the bases.

Norm and Margaret are still in North Carolina. I keep cautioning them not to pop any wheelies in my car. Actually, I don't think it will pop wheelies. They're not sure when they'll be back but Norm is ready to come home. He worries about his grass and about starting his garden. Rose's tulips are blooming. The trees are budding. The peonies are starting to grow but won't be in full bloom for a while.

No comments: