Thursday, March 22, 2007

Just posting an update on current events. After Rose left last week Goldman took me to Margaret and Norm's. All their children and most of their grandkids came for dinner. Sabrina and family were preparing for their skiing trip to Colorado and couldn't make it. Randy's girls probably had important teenage engagements, so didn't show either. Chris and Shelly brought wonderful desserts. We played Trivial Pursuit but Sam, Catrina's son, Sam, asked if I was really playing. I was, but I couldn't answer many questions.

Norm had a fender bender Monday in his truck, his pride and joy. He almost had tears in his eyes when he showed it to us. He and Margaret are off to see his North Carolina relatives this morning and were going to take my car instead of their gas hog anyway. The truck will be repaired when they get back so, if there's a good time to have an accident, this was it.

We need some feedback about our family get together. The lake is usually busiest around the 4th of July. Most any time is good with me. I have several beds and air matresses and lots of floor space. Pick a couple dates and we'll decide when will be good for all. Tammy, we haven't answered your question about the timing because nothing has really been decided just yet. Your input would be important to the decision.

I'm going to the Lake tomorrow and staying until Sunday. It's workweek for my young men. They usually spend a week there in the Spring doing some project. Doug is the brains and boss but has lots of gophers. They're updating the deck this year. Last year they had no heat nor water for a while so I hope this year will be better accomodatios for them. They eat, drink, and work.

No comments: