Monday, November 29, 2004

Sue's Journey Back to Health


This is ding again reporting back with an after thanksgiving update. First let's address Thanksgiving. It was a grand time. I have to give kudos to Bebe and Dave for inviting us into their house. I know how stressful it can be to get your house ready for that many people and prepare a feast. It reminded me much of the old Thanksgivings, when all us clans would get together for Thanksgiving. The only thing missing was the guitars and sing alongs. Also, with a fresh layer of snow, it reminded me a alot of the Thanksgiving at Aunt Roses several years ago when we had a big snow. I don't remember anything except playing in the snow all day. So thanks for everybody who contributed in such a big way.

We also got Denny's stuff moved this weekend. Doug, Goldman, Scott (my brother), Scott (Kaenter, goldman's roomate) and I went up to Chicago to perform the daunting task. It actually went quite well once we got motivated. We got there Friday night and did almost all of the work Saturday morning. Doug, Goldman, and Scott Spreitler took the big load back and then Scott Kaenter and I dropped Mom's car off at Aunt Roses and then took Denny's car back to St. Louis. I would like to thank everybody for their backbreaking labor. To quote my brother "It's a lot easier when you have five guys" And my extra note....especially when one of the five is Doug.

A good story that I would like to share. We did a lot of getting lost. Our internet directions were wrong, and if I hadn't been there last week, I am not certain that we would have found it, but we did. We also learned that doug is our compass (definitely not moral compass though). We would get turned around and Doug would get us straightened out even though we disagreed with him. So Friday night we went out for Pizza and met up with Goldman's old college roommate, Paris. Afterwards, we stopped for beer. At the convenience store Doug explained to Paris (who had goldman riding with him) to take a left on this street and that would take him to the apartment. As we left, Paris went right on the opposite road. They finally showed up half an hour after us.

"Paris, why did you go right on that road instead of left on the opposite road like we explained to you?" I asked.
"Because that was the way Goldman told me to go."
"See you never get directions from a jew....there was a reason they wandered around the desert for 40 years", I responded.
"I thought it was 40 days" someone added.
"40 days, 40 months, 40 years, it always 40 something in the bible" somebody else added.
And then Doug, in his infinite wisdom responded "And hence, we have the 40 oz. beer."

Again I would like to thank everybody who helped us ou not only in the last weekend, but in the last year. I am certain I have forgotten people. I apologize for my ineptitude. One more thanks too to my bride shelly, who put together Thanksgiving for her side of the family on Sunday with virtually no help from me. It was great and went off without a hitch. I truly appreciate it.

More later,

Ding

No comments: