Thursday, November 04, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


Today I have troubling news. Den went to Manchester, NH, Tuesday on business. He called me yesterday from Eliot Hospital in Manchester where he had been taken by ambulance because he was throwing up blood. He had felt bad for a couple of days and thought he had the flu. When he got much worse, his customer called 911 and arranged to have him taken to the ER.

Den called me a shortly after arriving in the ER and said the docs there had put a tube through his nose into his stomach to drain away the stuff. He was so sick that he could hardly talk. Later he was transferred to the intermediate cardiac care unit because his blood pressure had dropped dramatically.

Today he is having tests, an upper and lower GI, endoscopic examination, and possibly others, to determine what is going on. The attending physician gave him frozen plasma last night in order to stop or control the bleeding. He is on nothing by mouth because of the testing but is getting glucose and meds by IV. He said he was not in pain but was terribly uncomfortable because of the tube in his nose. The nurse told me he had a rough night.

Aaron is on his way to be with his dad. He is prepared to stay a few days. We hope Den will be released very soon, and Aaron can accompany him home.

Right now Den is too sick to receive phone calls. When he is up to talking, I'll post his phone number. Meanwhile, I'll update this blog as we get new information. Anyone can call me or Rose (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032.

Please pray!

Dave Meisel sent me this rather sad piece of news:

"Subject: Larry LaPrise

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world right now, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which
almost went unnoticed last week. Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "TheHokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for hisfamily was getting him into the coffin. They put his right leg in. And then the trouble began."


Why this struck us as so damn funny, I have no idea!

Joe Felin sent me this e-mail this morning:

"Talked to Mag, via e-mail yesterday & she said you were updating the blog. You have again done an excellent job!

Hope Denny is as well pleased with the car trimmings on his new car as I have been with the Windstar you helped me pick out. If Den wants some dog hair for the upholstery, the Windstar has lots of it from the dog.

Bye for now.

Hope all goes well with your DR's appointment today.

Love, Brother Joe

PS: gray hair is better than no hair (as in bald)"

Joe, Den got so many options on his new car, that I'm sure dog hair was included. And thanks for the cheery hair note. You sound like you know what you are talking about. My doctor's appointment is actually tomorrow. Today Chris is coming with me to my hand and physical therapy appointments as my memory is still slightly incomplete.

This trauma with Den has surely helped my recall! I guess we remember what we need to.




No comments: