Friday, November 19, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


Sabrina sent Sue an e-mail entitled "Levity" this morning. If humor is medicine, this is one strong elixer that is worth sharing:

"Hi Auntie!

Just a note to tell you that I am thinking of you and praying for you. I also want to make sure you got the message that you and your family are invited to Thanksgiving at my house. What size turkey does one buy for 30 something people? I had a similar discussion with my Momma yesterday. I wanted to make sure she was still planning to come over and help me on Thanksgiving morning, as she has for the past 3 Thanksgivings (a tradition now). I'm not sure if she was testing me or not when she asked what she should bring.

I said "HELL-LO? What do you always bring?"

She said. "Oh, the pies."

I said, "Well, yes, and what else?"

She said "Oh, the bread."

I finally said,"Margaret, what about that big ugly thing?"

She said "Your Dad?"

I said, "No, Margaret, the turkey."

She said "Oh, that's right, well you better get a big one this year."

Note: I only call her Margaret when I need her full attention.

I better get to work now. I love you truly, and I sure hope to see you next week.

Love, Sabrina"


Hmmm, perhaps it's a good thing that Margaret is the computer guru in the Abbott Household.


No comments: