Wednesday, November 03, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


Today is Wednesday, November 3. We are back in St. Louis after driving here yesterday. Shirley and Rose stayed up late, watching the election returns. I went to bed. Today it's run errands, take care of mail, and do general catch up. Shirley has gone off to grocery shop. We're waiting for that wonderful politician who, having lost, would have the courage to stand up and say: "The people have spoken. The bastards!"

There are many newsy items we've neglected in the past ten days or so. We'll try to catch up now. I'm still forgetful, but things are coming back. I tell people that I feel like Doris Day in an old movie with my amnesia. My hairdresser this morning said he was one of the few people in the place old enough to know WHO Doris Day was. He said I had 'pretty silver hair,' the bastard.

Right now we are still waiting to hear from Dr. Frank, and on Friday I will see my primary care physician for the follow-up check-up after my Chicago hospital stay. I've had bad headaches ever since my hospitalization, but today it is better than it has been for three weeks. Perhaps all the meds I had caused these headaches.

Donald and Vita came for a visit on Sunday, October 24. I hadn't seen Vita for about 17 years. She still looks great. They were full of news about their grandsons and their recent trip to New York City. It was great seeing them, and we really enjoyed catching up on all the events of their lives. I wonder how most of us keep on aging while Vita stays the same! Not fair.

Den has a new car, a Pontiac Grand Prix, black with all the trimmings. He is very proud of it. Den and I talked to Pete on Monday, and I was lamenting that I would never have bought all the 'trimmings.' Pete remembered that when I went with Brother Joe when he bought his new van, I insisted that he purchase one with a lot of expensive options. I guess it just depends on whose money I'm spending.

Margaret and Norm are home from a five-day camping trip, the last of the season. They are about to put their mobile home in winter storage. Pete and Janet have bought a one-ton pick-up and are in the process of buying a bigger camper to trail behind it. They are off to Quartzsite, AZ, to avoid those harsh Idaho winters.

One really nice event in recent days was getting to meet Scott's girlfriend, Sherry. Jalen and Brayden are crazy about her; Scott, too. She will be coming with Scott and sons for both Thanksgiving and Christmas so the rest of our family is in for a treat.


No comments: