Tuesday, November 23, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


It's Tuesday night. I'm home again after a long day and my fifth and final infusion. I talked with Dr. Chris and Dr. O'Brien. Both told me this medicine might take some time to show results. I was hoping for something instantaneous. Dr. Chris said that my last bout at St. Francis was indeed encephalitis, which I did not know before today. He doesn't think that episode and this one are related. However, he did say that seizures could occur for up to six months after a bout of encephalitis.

I talked with Den this evening. He had had a very rough day, but sounded in better spirits than he did last night. Kim was there with her three children, and that might have done a whole for Den.

Scott is in need of my car for a few days next week. In our discussion, I bartered with him: Car for Brayden. Looks like we might get to keep Brayden for a few extra days after Thanksgiving, not until first grade as I was holding out for.

We have been talking with Sabrina and Margaret over this upcoming Thanksgiving feast. I can't remember looking forward to a Thanksgiving quite as much as I am to this one. This has been ONE difficult period, but I remain overall very thankful. We don't yet know if Den will be up for an outing for dinner on Thursday, but we surely hope so.

Pete and Janet called this morning from quartzsite, AZ. Leslie called from Springfield. I was relieved to hear that her son Jeffrey was in Ft. Louis, WA, instead of in Iraq. The rest of my conversations with family and friends was around the hot topic of the Thanksgiving guest list and menu.

Rose and I are overnighting in the Chicago apartment. She and I just had a wonderful dinner. It's early to bed because we intend to head toward St. Louis at around 5:00 am. I'm eager to see Den.

I have found Chris' Blog comments most interesting. Several people think his addition to the 'Tandy What Nots' is a good thing and urge us to keep him on. In fact, we welcome comments from any and all readers. Just click on the "comment" below every entry and follow the yellow brick road.

No comments: