Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hi Folks!

We were greeted this morning with an early visit from Aunt Margaret, Uncle Norman, Aunt Sally and Larry. Cyndi and I were out on a walk and were pleasantly surprised to have more family at the farm when we got back. Aunt Sue and Aunt Rose arrive in a few minutes and so an entourage is heading out to greet them at the airport. Uncle Joe, Uncle Pete and Aunt Janet arrive later today and Uncle Donald will be here Saturday morning.

Mom is holding up well. She told a friend the other day that she was so blessed to "have Bernie longer than I deserved". I think we all feel that way, but coming from Mom it was an understatement. (I have to confess that I am a bit emotional writing this, so please bear with me as I try to give you updates.)

Mom felt that donations would be Dad's preference in lieu of flowers, but wanted people to do what was in their hearts to do. We have coordinated with the American Diabetes Assocation to recieve donations in Dad's name. (The address is at the end of the obit attached.)

Also, there is a wonderful slide show available at www.mem.com. Find the Fellin name and it opens up a biography. From there you can click on the video and see the slideshow. I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it is very nice. This is the same video we will show at the services on Saturday.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. Mom is especially comforted to have those come alongside her. I know that we all feel grateful for the time we had with the "Old Guy".

We'll update this again.
Love,
Sandi

No comments: