Monday, June 18, 2007

I spent the weekend at the lake with my 'harem'. Chris, Maddog, Goldman and I went down on Friday afternoon and came back yesterday afternoon. They took really good care of me. When they were younger they rode the waverunner, rode in the boat, water skied, swam in the lake and the pool, and only came in to eat and sleep. Now they hardly move off the deck. Occasionally one of them will jump in the lake to cool off and 'bathe' as they call it. My friend Mary called today and,, after following the blog, wants them for herself. They are very considerate guys. The potato baker did explode a baking potato in the oven, and we had medium rare French toast for breakfast one day--but I'm not complaining. Other than that, they were great chefs.

Rose and Shirley drove to Louisiana this weekend to go to Shirley's niece's wedding. Shirley's nephew gave the bride away, and three great nieces were flower girls. Rose and Shirley both said it was a beautiful ceremony and a fun reception. They're enroute home right now.

I had the battery of neuropsychological tests this morning. It was mostly brain work, and I didn't have to take off my clothes. It took almost 4 hours. Chris took me and picked me up. We went to lunch at a Greek restaurant. I decided I'm not a fan of Greek food.

I didn't get Pete's usual Saturday call since they were on their 50th anniversary trip along with the rest of their family. I hope 'a good time was had by all'.

No comments: