Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The sad happening of Sunday has us all making arrangements to attend the funeral. The service will be held on Saturday, june 9, and will be a military funeral. Bernie had wanted to donate his body to science but, since he died at home, that wasn't possible so there will be a burial. The funeral home in charge of these arrangements is Haven and Jaeger in Spokane.

Bernie's nine surving offspring have gathered around and, as Sandi says, their mother is "like a rock". Maudie indeed has always been "like a rock" for everyone, especially for Bernie.

Bernie's surving siblings will gather in Spokane soon. Margaret is driving up with Norm, Sally (Bob's widow), her friend, Larry and left this morning. It's an 1800 mile trip and will take them three days to get there, but they have four drivers and promised to take it easy. Pete and Janet are also driving to Spokane from Idaho Falls, and I think they said they're stopping in Missoula, Montana. [I hope I don't have my geography mixed up.] Joe is flying out of Kansas City Thursday, and Rose and I are flying out of St. Louis also on Thursday. I haven't heard what arrangements Donald has made. Most of us are staying at the Shiloh Inn where we stayed when went to Bernie and Maudie's 55th wedding celebration last October. Rose and I have to return on Sunday because I have to check in to the hospital at 8 AM on Monday for my once-a-month IVIG treatment.

Goldman took Scott's boys to Mt. Carmi, Il. yesterday to meet Scott and deliver his boys. Goldman took them in the Lexus and left us his 1979 Cadillac. I had to go to therapy so Rose drove me there in it. Needless to say, we got lots of attention. The attention wasn't always admiring attention.

No comments: