Tuesday, March 02, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

It is so great having all the Abbott Family living in this area! I feel their loving support all the time. Margaret and Norm especially have been available and so willing to help out. I often wonder what people do when they don't have family and friends.

I received this e-mail from Niece Nancy (Brother Pete's daughter) yesterday and thought many of you readers would enjoy it:

"Hi Aunt Sue ~

So glad you received the bracelet. Yours rosary beads are African Bloodstone with great "healing powers". I have a white pearl one and Caitlin has a pink-beaded one. It's a very long story about how I connected with Reggie Pevey in Louisianna but I'm so happy I did. He is praying for you and his wife and buddies in the parish are, too. He called me last week to tell me his wife, who has been ailing for quite some time, was miraculously cured during a Mass they attended in Mission, Texas south of San Antonio at a church named Our Lady of San Juan. She went to communion without her canes and hasn't needed them since and it's been 5 weeks. I just know God has big plans ahead for you including a ski trip to our house and He's not going to let you suffer with this for long. If you want to order from him you can call him in the winter months at home (985) 386-4806 or his cell (985) 969-5533. The address is 225 E. Cypress St., Ponchatoula, LA 70454; he spends his summers in Lake Oswego, Oregon but I don't think he has gone there yet. I have that number and address, too, if you can't reach him. I just call him and tell him what I'm thinking of having him make and he whips them out and mails them to me with a little hand-written invoice.

Scott's boys sound so adorable. He must be the cutest daddy. He sure was a cute little boy himself with his "tapeworm" and hilarious laugh. They all sound like good medicine for you. My "good medicine" is keeping me too busy. Caitlin is a freshman this year in all honors classes which just means a heavier workload full of projects -most of which need parent input. On top of that, she's still taking ballet and guitar which she does now before school in the morning since she turned into a cheerleader this year and has that every day after school and on most Saturdays. She is also the most spiritual creature in the family and takes classes for Confirmation twice a week and goes to every retreat, camp, revival, ... Whew! Today, she's going to skip cheer and go to high school softball try-outs. She got her driver learner's permit in December and could get her actual license in April, but Rick and I don't think she's anywhere near ready for that. She can't figure out that the speed limit is for her, too. Anyway, once she can drive herself to all her commitments, I'll have 1/2 a life back. The other half, of course, is for running Eric to everything. He has discovered rock climbing - not a fearful bone in his 11 year-old-body - and he is a ski-devil. I let him take a "lack-of-interest" day last week (something I learned from you) and the two of us went to the ski hill. He out-skiied me all day and would stand at the bottom of the run, waiting and clapping for me. It's a drag getting old and out-of-gas!

This is my only day off from substitute teaching this week and I have many chores to pack into it so better run. Please keep your spirits up and know that the light has to come. If the acupuncturists hurts you, tell them to "pack their lunch!" - just don't kick their car.

Love you Lots!
Nancy"

I've contacted the Louisiana artist who is sending me gemstones so that I can select ones for gift rosaries. Den's granddaughter will make her First Communion this spring, and one of these bracelets will make a perfect gift. Both the artist and his wife love Nancy even though they have never met her. I felt a real connection with those people just being Nancy's aunt.

No comments: