Saturday, March 20, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130


Jacob, Denny's sister Lari's son, had surgery for scoliosis last Wednesday. He is doing fine and will be home some time this week.


A small miracle, compliments of St. Anthony, patron saint of lost articles: Ten years ago, when we moved from Texas to Springfield, I put my diamond earrings in a safe place. So safe, that in spite of intense searches I hadn't found them since. Rose was looking for a nail in an old jewelry box at the lake on Friday and noticed some nice earrings. Sure enough--they were the lost ones in a place so obvious I dubbed them 'The purloined earrings." Denny, thinking the earrings were lost forever, had replaced them only this Christmas. Now I have two pair and will have to get more holes in my ears. Or, as Den suggested, hock one pair.

No comments: