Saturday, March 20, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

We got home from the Lake today. The weather down there was beautiful. We were able to sit in the sunshine. We were welcomed by neighbors Dave and Judy Meisel. We played cards a lot, and Loretta was the Big Winner. It was peaceful and restful; good to be away for a few days; and now good to be home again.

Pete and Janet are back in Idaho Falls and called on Thursday. Brother Joe had a doctor's appointment on that day, and Pete inquired about his "overdose." I was startled at his questions and asked, "What?" Pete explained that Joe had taken too many smart pills. But I guess Joe hadn't because he called next day and didn't know anything about an overdose. Joe's good news is that he doesn't go back to the doctor for two months.

I had an update from Cathey and Gary Johnson (Brother Bob's daughter and her husband) who live in Belpre, Kansas. Their sons, Bill and Clint, are grown now. Neither lives at home. Gary still works in the oil fields, and Cathey still drives a school bus and works parttime at the post office.

On St. Pat's day, Aunt Virginia Madden (Uncle Curt's widow) sent me a card. She had made corned beef and cabbage, something she does for son Sean every year, to commemorate the day.

Catrina still awaits the results of her MRI. She, husband Robbie, and the children, Sam and Lizzie, are having dinner this evening with the Abbott's.

We are looking forward to Tuesday, March 30, when we will again see Scott and his sons, Jalen and Brayden, who are coming to visit for a few days during Jalen's spring break.

About my illness: So far the treatment hasn't made a huge difference in my physcial condition although I am steadier on my feet. Sometimes, however, my spirits are low and it's tough for a person like me, used to working for fun, to have the brakes put on me. Thank God for all the family and friends who help, all the best wishes and prayers I receive from everyone, and the intensive help I am getting from Shelly and Susan, my two physical therapists. Rose continues to play doctor-nurse (IV's this week). She and Shirley make me so welcome and take such good care of me that it does make things easier. I do not know what people do if they don't have loving family and friends in times of need.

No comments: