Wednesday, March 31, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130. Rose's e-mail address is roseholt@aol.com


Brother Joe's granddaughter, Lydia, is working to raise money to fight cancer. If any of you is interested in supporting a great cause and wonderful young girl, here is the link:

https://www.acsevents.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=41325&lis=1&kntae41325=212D760E5C83473DAFA2468D7092E87E&supId=17627510&team=

You may have to cut and paste to activate this link.

A lot has happened since Friday. As you read in Jalen's entry, he and his brother Brayden are with us until this coming Friday--always a wonderful treat. Margaret and I met Scott in Mt. Vernon, IL, yesterday to get the boys. Chris and friend, Mark Goldman, will take them back to Louisville on Friday and spend the weekend with Scott. We miss the children already.

On Saturday I had my first treatment from a health practitioner, Mary Lenihan. She practices Shiatsu, massage, and touch healing. I have been getting accupuncture from Dr. Ginger for over two months now, and it may be one of the factors that is helping me. Shiatsu is accupressure, and I am hoping this new treatment will be a part of my healing.

After the IV infusion on Thursday, I had a few bad days, weak and shaky and not encouraged. However, time, being with Christopher who spent the night with me on Sunday at the Oakland House while Rose and Shirley were in Chicago, the trip with Margaret, and the presence of the grandchildren have worked wonders. Christopher is such a delight. We "let the dogs out" at his house on Monday and ran other errands. And we visited with his neighbor, Tim, whom I hadn't seen for a while. He and his wife Maxine were at my 50th birthday celebration and will come to my 60th.

The birthday invitations are in the mail. We may have missed someone, so if you think so, please let us know ASAP. The party will be on Friday, April 23, at 7:00 pm at the Vineyards Clubhouse in St. Charles County. For out-of-towners, we have several places we can put you up if you will just let us know. Pete and Janet called this morning. They are coming this way in April. Pete will go on to Florida for the Great Fishing Expedition with Joe and Donald while Janet stays with us for the birthday celebration.

I had a letter from "Cuz,' aka Wanda Jean Long Philbrick recently. For those who have lost track of this cousin, her address is: 2924 SE 19th Court, Okeechobee, FL, 34974. Her son Rick has been having chemo treatments for lymphoma and may have a bone marrow transplant. Let's all remember him in our prayers.

Chris and I picked Shirley up at the airport on Monday afternoon. Shirley dropped me off at St. Mary's Rehab for my physical therapy Tuesday morning. Margaret called for me, and we took our wonderful jaunt over into Illinois together. Margaret is one great travelling companion.

All in all, I'm having some various problems right now, but they pale to insignificance in the face of my health issues. Keep me in your prayers.

No comments: