Wednesday, March 03, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

This post is about St. Joseph, burying his statue, saying a novena, waiting, being patient and having prayers answered. Trying to sell the Springfield house was a prime issue that got put on the back burner when questions about my health arose. In October, Rose, Shirley, and I said a novena to St. Joseph, asking for help in selling the house. Some time ago I reverently buried a small statue of St. Joseph, upside down, in the front yard of the Springfield House. After the novena, we left the problem of the house to St. Joseph, and my health became the focus. Den and I ended the real estate company contract and put a "For Sale by Owner" sign in the yard, then left. Our neighbors, Leslie and her son Chase became our stand-ins and did a remarkable job selling the house and demonstrating the quality of the neighbors in person. Leslie and her sons have been our best friends for the years we have lived next to them and better friends even with the geographic distance. Sure enough, they sold the house. They even found us a back-up buyer should this deal fall through. Our closing date is March 19, which, it turns out, is the Feast Day of St. Joseph. Just a little exclamation point from God on this deal, it would seem.

Yesterday, I had two wonderful sessions at physical and hand therapy at the SSM Rehab Center on Clayton Road, followed by an acupuncture treatment with Dr. Ginger. Later on Kim and her children came over, and we had a great visit. The kids were perfect.

Shirley is leaving for Chicago this afternoon, and now Rose and I will probably just go hungry. [Just kidding. Truth is, Shirley made sure there is plenty of good food in the house. Rose is not too great at that sort of thing.]

I continue to do all my therapy exercises religiously and strive to accomplish as much as I can

No comments: