Friday, March 26, 2004

You can reach Sue at (314) 452-3685 or (314) 726-2032. You can write to her c/o Rose Holt, 905 Barnard College Lane, St. Louis, MO 63130

We haven't updated this weblog for almost a week, so here goes.

Sunday morning, Shirley, Loretta, Rose, and I went to Mass at Christ the King. Sunday afternoon I had an accupuncture treatment from Dr. Ginger. We delivered Loretta to the airport early on Monday for her return trip to New Orleans. Tuesday was physical therapy. Joanne Callahan, SSM pastoral director, met us for some discussion about the spiritual aspects of healing. Joanne knows someone who is a healing practioner, and I have an appointment with that person tomorrow. More about that later. Immediately following physical therapy on Tuesday, I had accupuncture again with Dr. Ginger. She continues treat me and send me home with various teas, herbs, and potions. I think it is one of the helpful things I am doing.

On Wednesday I started my third round of IV infusion therapy at home. We had a laugh when the medication was delivered by Barnes Home Health Care on Tuesday evening. Denny had ordered us a cheesecake from Omaha Steak, and we were excited when the deliveryman brought a packag marked "Keep Refreigerated" to the door. We just knew the cheesecake had arrived and we opened the box with mouth-watering anticipation. It wasn't cheesecake; it was the Solumedrol for the IV infusion. However, the cheesecake did arrive on Thursday and is delicious, worth waiting for.

We finished the IV's on Thursday, and again they left me weak so that today I didn't feel up to going to physical therapy. I expect to feel much better tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day--haircut in the morning, healing practioner at noon, and accupuncture in the afternoon.

Jacob, Denny's nephew, is home now, recovering from his surgery to correct scoliosis. The recovery will take some time, but he is doing fine.

On Tuesday, Margaret and I will meet Scott over in Illinois to pick up Jalen and Brayden. We look forward to having them for a few days--always a treat.

Shirley left on Wednesday for her normal six-days in Chicago seeing clients. Chris and Shelly are in Colorado skiing, if there is snow. I heard the temperature in Denver today was 72 degrees, warmer than here.

Joe and Joanne Callahan are coming for dinner this evening. Rose and I picked up "Catholic" fish and sides from Our Lady of Presentation Parish, so dinner will be simple but good. Being at that parish surely reminded us of that day in 1969 when Donald and Vita were married there. Pete was the best man, and I can even remember what Mother wore although I don't know what I wore. It surely was a gorgeous wedding.

Catrina is feeling much better and is awaiting her appointment with the neurologist on April 7. I have been having a lot of questions about medical insurance these days. Catrina, who is a licensed agent, has been an enormous source of good information and advice.

Enough for now. I'll try to update again in a few days.

No comments: